Senior Scientist Immunology (M/F) - Leiden, The Netherlands
Starting immediately, MIMETAS is looking for a Senior Scientist for the model development team in Leiden, the Netherlands.
MIMETAS is a leader in the rapidly developing organ-on-a-chip field. The company develops 3D tissue models using organ-on-a-chip technology for drug development and markets organ-on-a-chip products. Its unique microfluidic platform enables testing of compounds in high-throughput on miniaturized organ models. The MIMETAS OrganoPlate® platform supports 3D cell culture under continuous perfusion, membrane-free co-culture and boundary- and gradient formation, thus mimicking important aspects of tissues and organs. The OrganoPlate is designed for use in high throughput screening, and is being implemented in automated pipelines by different customers as well as in house. MIMETAS has an open culture, where achievements go hand in hand with a fun place to work. Our close-knit team stays successful by maintaining a good atmosphere while working in a highly competitive field.
As a Senior Scientist you will develop organotypic tissue models in MIMETAS OrganoPlate. This includes:
- development and implementing novel tissue culture models (e.g. liver, central nervous system, and cancer models);
- design, plan and supervise multiple projects;
- generate scientific project strategies;
- training of customers on our platform;
- report on a regular basis to external and internal stakeholders;
- writing publications, application notes and standard operating procedures;
- presenting the company research at (international) conferences.
- you have a PhD in a life science related field, preferably immunology, with 8 year research experience;
- you are highly experienced in tissue culture;
- you have affinity with novel technologies and are willing to contribute to the development thereof;
- you have an entrepreneurial mindset
- you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and can take the lead to coordinate activities within a research team;
- your work is of high quality, precise and safe;
- you have a motivated, flexible and positive work attitude.
If you are interested in this position, please send your motivation letter and CV in English to Naomi Romein (email@example.com).