OrganoPlate® 3-lane 64
Product no. 6405-400-B
The OrganoPlate® 3-lane 64 features 64 independent tissue culture chips, each containing 3 adjacent channels. The OrganoPlate® 3-lane 64 is optimized for automation. The lanes are 400 micron-wide. Six wells of the 384-well-plate user interface connect to each microfluidic network.
OrganoPlate® 3-lane 64 features
- 64 independent tissue culture chips designed for automation/automated workflows
- 3 adjacent channels per chip
- Direct access to the apical and basal lumen of tubules
OrganoPlate ® 3-lane 64 is specifically designed for automation purposes. The design of the tissue culture chips is optimized for automated workflows, such as automated liquid handling instruments. In the middle of each chip lies an in-gel culture channel, with perfusion channels on each side. This enables the development of complex (co)cultures in multiple configurations. These (co)cultures grow adjacent to the ECM, without artificial barriers. Direct access to the apical and basolateral side of the culture allows you to directly add compounds and stimuli. This allows perfusion, and supports various barrier function, transport, and migration assays.
Meet the OrganoPlate 3-lane 64
Optimized for automation
Handle 3D tissue culture and your related research efficiently in an automated workflow, improve consistency, and save time.
Flexible tissue culture configurations to suit your modelling needs
Combining multiple tubules, in-ECM (extra-cellular matrix) cultures, and against-ECM cultures. It's up to you.
Apical and basal access
Enabling perfusion of tubular tissues and allowing barrier integrity, transport, and migration assays. Addition of compounds and stimuli from apical and basolateral sides.
No artificial membranes for free migration, invasion, and exchanges of factors
Unique PhaseGuide™ technology allows cells to interact and migrate freely between channels.
Suitable for a wide range of cell types
Implement the cell type of your choice in the OrganoPlate®.
- In-plate: Immunostaining, barrier integrity, transport, viability assays, and many more. The microscopy grade glass bottom allows for high content imaging. Tested protocols are available for your microscope.
- Off-plate: Cytokine profiling, qPCR, LC-MS, and more.
What to expect when you order the OrganoPlate® 3-lane 64:
- Worldwide shipping
- Training video for in-gel seeding in the OrganoPlate
- Training video for tubule seeding in the OrganoPlate
- Protocols for the OrganoPlate
- Basic protocol for tubule seeding
- Basic protocol for in-gel seeding
- Specific model protocols (published models only)
- Barrier Integrity Assay
- Cell Lysis
What is a culture cell in the OrganoPlate®?
A culture cell is a fully autonomous organ-on-a-chip culture unit in the OrganoPlate®. The OrganoPlate 3-lane 64 contains 64 3-lane culture cells, all in a standard 384 well plate format. The culture cells on a single OrganoPlate may be used all at once in an experiment, but can also be used individually.
What is a lane in an OrganoPlate® culture cell?
A lane is an individually addressable part of a culture cell in the OrganoPlate®. A 3-lane OrganoPlate features 3 adjacent lanes per culture cell. A single lane may contain cells in an ECM gel, a perfused epithelial tubule or just medium flow. By virtue of patented Phaseguide technology, no physical barriers are present between the lanes in the OrganoPlate, allowing co-cultured cells in adjacent lanes to interact and migrate freely.
Materials and equipment
The standard materials and equipment you need to work with the OrganoPlate® 3-lane 64 are listed below.
- Cells (cell lines, primary cells, iPSC-derived cells and others)
- Medium and standard culture materials
- Extracellular Matrix Gel, for example Collagen I or Matrigel® (Corning®)
- Mimetas OrganoFlow® L (optional, please refer to the section below)
- Pipetting reservoirs 50 ml (e.g. VWR no. 613-1183)
- Multichannel pipette 5-350 µL (e.g. Sartorius® no. 730361)
- Multichannel tips (e.g. Sartorius® 790351)
- Eppendorf® Repeater® M4 Dispenser (Eppendorf® no. 4982000322)
- Eppendorf® Combitips advanced® pipette tips Biopur® grade, 0.1 ml
- Sartorius® eLINE® Electronic Pipette for volumes between 0.2-10 µL (Sartorius® no. 730021)
- Sartorius® 0.1-10 µL tips (Sartorius® no. 790010)
We will provide you with detailed instructions for use, including materials and equipment.
Do I need the OrganoFlow® L?
We strongly advise to use a MIMETAS OrganoFlow® L to optimally control the perfusion flow in the OrganoPlate®. The OrganoFlow L allows for detailed programming of an intermitting rocking action. For evaluation purposes a standard continuous rocker platform (see-saw) can be used. First check with your supplier if your rocker platform is suitable for use in cell culture incubators.
For some applications, for example neuronal cell culture, we advise not to perfuse the tissues. For these applications, a MIMETAS OrganoFlow L is not required.