Field Application Specialist (M/F) - Gaithersburg, MD, USA
Starting immediately, MIMETAS is looking for a Field Application Specialist USA to implement and support the use of the OrganoPlate® platform and associated products.
MIMETAS is a leader in the rapidly developing organ-on-a-chip field. The company develops 3D tissue models using organ-on-a-chip technology for drug development and markets organ-on-a-chip products. Its unique microfluidic platform enables testing of compounds in high-throughput on miniaturized organ models. These models offer better predictivity as compared to laboratory animal testing and conventional cell culture models. The MIMETAS OrganoPlate® platform supports 3D cell culture under continuous perfusion, membrane-free co-culture and boundary- and gradient formation, thus mimicking important aspects of tissues and organs. The OrganoPlate is designed for use in high throughput screening and is being implemented in automated pipelines by different customers as well as in house. MIMETAS has an open culture, where achievements go hand in hand with a fun place to work. Our close-knit team stays successful by maintaining a good atmosphere while working in a highly competitive field. Mimetas headquarter is in Leiden, The Netherlands and our manufacturing is based in Enschede, The Netherlands. We have subsidiaries in Gaithersburg, MD, USA and Tokyo, Japan.
As a Field Application Specialist USA your priority is to provide optimal support to customers working with our products. Your tasks will include:
- Providing fast and timely expert advice and preand post-sales application support, including but not limited to product demos, installation, training, application support, troubleshooting & connecting internal expertise to customers.
- Building effective relationships with new and existing clients, understanding customer problems, recommending solutions to meet their needs and driving adoption of the MIMETAS technology.
- Supporting customers with on-site installation, training, implementation & preventive maintenance of OrganoTEER instruments.
- Implementing automation of OrganoPlates into customer workflows.
- Collecting feedback from customers regarding their product requirements, communicating their needs to the R&D team & product managers.
- Conducting technical seminars and presentations at customer sites, trade shows and workshops.
- Reporting of all field activities and customer contacts in our CRM system.
- Stay current in advances in Organ-on-a-Chip and 3D Biology technology by attending sciencitic symposia and reading relevant scientific publications
Working hours and location:
The position will be full time and you will be based in our office in Gaithersburg, MD, USA
- A Master’s degree in molecular biology, biomedical science or life sciences
- Proven affinity and/or hands-on experience with (3D) cell culture techniques
- Hands-on experience with the OrganoPlate is a plus
- Experience with immunofluorsence staining methods and fluorescent microscopy
- Affinity with laboratory automation systems and application development.
- Motivated, flexible and positive work attitude
- Willing to travel up to 75% in the US
- Socially skilled, service-oriented, communicative and customer-friendly
If you’re interested in this position, please send your cover letter and CV in English to Naomi Romein (email@example.com).