Business Development Associate - Gaithersburg, MD, USA
Starting immediately, MIMETAS is looking for a Business Development Associate for its facilities in Gaithersburg, MD, USA.
MIMETAS is a leader in the rapidly developing organ-on-a-chip field. The company develops 3D tissue models using organ-on-a-chip technology for drug development and markets organ-on-a-chip products. Its unique microfluidic platform enables testing of compounds in high-throughput on miniaturized organ models. These models offer better predictivity as compared to laboratory animal testing and conventional cell culture models. The MIMETAS OrganoPlate® platform supports 3D cell culture under continuous perfusion, membrane-free co-culture and boundary- and gradient formation, thus mimicking important aspects of tissues and organs. The OrganoPlate is designed for use in high throughput screening, and is being implemented in automated pipelines by different customers as well as in house. MIMETAS has an open culture, where achievements go hand in hand with a fun place to work. Our close-knit team stays successful by maintaining a good atmosphere while working in a highly competitive field.
The Business Development Associate will play an important role in promoting MIMETAS’ cutting edge “Organ-on-a-Chip” platform, supporting initiation and management of customer interactions, as well as attending conferences and on-site customer visits. In this position, you will work directly with the global commercial team at Mimetas, as well as the US/Dutch-based assay development team.
Your tasks will include:
- Identify new customers and collaborative opportunities via active outreach campaigns
- Direct customer engagement via teleconference or face-to-face meetings
- Support management of ongoing customer relationships and their successful use of Mimetas technology
- Travel to and attend scientific conferences and/or visit customer locations (Boston, Philadelphia, San Diego, and San Francisco primarily)
- Support the preparation of service contracts and supply orders for customers
- Analysis of strategic research and commercial opportunities
- Acquire new accounts and research collaborations to meet annual targets
- Active registration of BD activities in our CRM database (Salesforce)
The position will be full time.
- Bachelors or masters degree in biology, biomedical sciences, or engineering
- 0-3 years’ experience in a relevant commercial setting
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Proactive problem solver
- Effect time, deadline, and priority management
- Flexible team player
- Fluent in English
- Willingness to travel 33% of the time
- a challenging full-time position in an international, fast-growing and high-tech work environment;
- ample opportunities for personal development;
- appropriate compensation, travel allowance and participation in our pension plan;
- a fun team with colleagues from all over the world that love what they do;
- Friday afternoon drinks.
If you’re interested in this position, please send your cover letter and CV in English to Naomi Romein (email@example.com).