Getting started & OrganoPlate® Protocols
We want to offer you the best possible experience when using the OrganoPlate® for your experiments. This page contains training videos and protocols to get you started. For optimal user experience, we recommend you to follow these 5 steps before your first experiment:
- Watch the training video(s) below that fit your model of choice (in-gel, tubule or co-culture)
- Read the basic protocol (for required materials and crucial steps)
- Practice loading the gel channel of the OrganoPlate® with 2μL distilled water (first column A1-P1; 16 culture units)
- Prepare buffers, stock solutions, cells, and adjust the protocol to your experimental needs (if required)
- Start using the OrganoPlate® for your experiments
We hope these steps provided sufficient information to get you started with the OrganoPlate®. If you have any questions or any tips for improvements, don't hesitate to contact us.
Tubule seeding training video
An introduction to seeding tubules in the OrganoPlate®. Watch this trainings video (9 min) to get familiar with seeding cells against an ECM-gel for establishing:
- Blood vessels
- Kidney tubules
- Gut tubules
For establishing co-cultures with tubule- and in-gel seeding, we recommend watching the in-gel training video as well.
The in-gel training video
An introduction to in-gel seeding in the OrganoPlate®. Watch this video (8 min) if you want to seed your cells embedded in the ECM-gel, recommended for:
- CNS (Neurons& glia)
- Liver (Hepatocytes)
For co-cultures with tubule- and in-gel seeding, we recommend watching the tubule training video as well.