Laboratory workshop for academic researchers
In this 2-day workshop, you will learn about 3D cell culture and model development in microfluidic platforms, directly from our experienced scientists. The workshop involves both theoretical and practical components and you will spend a full day in the lab to seed and analyze your cultures. One expert trainer per 3 participants makes this an intensive learning experience. By attending this workshop, you will learn how to design and carry out Organ-on-a-Chip experiments, and introduce the technology in your lab.
During the training, you will use the equivalent of 2 OrganoPlates®. After the training, you will receive 2 OrganoPlates and protocols to get you started in your own lab. A total value of €1,400.
July 19-20, 2018, please register before June 30, 2018
August 16 - 17, 2018, please register before July 31, 2018
September 20 - 21, 2018, please register before August 31, 2018
New dates will be planned soon
Price per participant: €1,950,- (including OrganoPlates for a total value of €1,400), excluding VAT, housing and travel
Location: MIMETAS, Leiden, The Netherlands
Minimum attendance is 3 participants, maximum 6. We will send you a definitive confirmation within 48 hours after the deadline for registration. After the registration deadline no refunds are possible, but you are allowed to transfer the registration to a colleague.
I want to join the workshop
Hands-on laboratory training in:
- Handling of cells and extracellular matrix gels for microfluidic devices
- Establishing 3D cultures (in-gel and perfused tubules)
- Fixation, staining and imaging of 3D cultures
- Assays and data analysis
In-depth lectures on the following topics:
- Introduction to Organ-on-a-Chip and the OrganoPlate®
- Key parameters for advanced cell culture models
- Assays and (high content) imaging of 3D cultures
- OrganoPlate® platform and applications
Materials included in the workshop
- 2 new OrganoPlates® to take home and start immediately in your lab
- Seminar materials and handouts
- OrganoPlates, cells and reagents
- Use of equipment, such as the Molecular Devices ImageXpress Confocal high-content reader
- Lunch on both training days
- A workshop certificate upon successful completion
About the city of Leiden
The workshop will be held in our laboratories in Leiden, The Netherlands, just 20 minutes by train from international airport Schiphol and 30 minutes from Amsterdam. There are many things to discover, see and experience in Leiden. With so much history, so many museums and theatres, a vibrant inner city, monuments, shops, restaurants, cafés and a university, your stay outside the workshop hours will also be a guaranteed success.