Senior Scientist Cell Based Products
Starting immediately, MIMETAS is looking for a Senior Scientist for the Assay Ready team in Leiden, the Netherlands.
MIMETAS is a leader in the rapidly developing organ-on-a-chip field. The company develops 3D tissue models using organ-on-a-chip technology for drug development and markets organ-on-a-chip products. Its unique microfluidic platform enables testing of compounds in any throughput on miniaturized organ models. The MIMETAS OrganoPlate® platform supports 3D cell culture under continuous perfusion, membrane-free co-culture and boundary- and gradient formation, thus mimicking crucial aspects of tissues and organs. The OrganoPlate® is perfectly suitable for use in high-throughput screening and is implemented in automated pipelines by customers as well as in-house.
MIMETAS has an open culture, where achievements go hand in hand with a fun place to work. Our close-knit team stays successful by maintaining a good atmosphere while working in a highly competitive field. MIMETAS’ headquarters are based in Leiden, The Netherlands and our manufacturing facility is based in Enschede, The Netherlands. We have subsidiaries in Gaithersburg, MD, USA and Tokyo, Japan.
As a Senior Scientist you will have a leading position in the new team that will develop, manufacture and market organotypic tissue models in MIMETAS OrganoPlate® . This includes:
- Leading a team (5FTE) tasked with developing, productizing, and manufacturing novel cell based products;
- Interact with other departments and customers;
- Develop tissue culture models pioneered by the Model Development Team into products;
- Scale up cell culture including 2D cell culture, spheroids and organoid culture;
- Establishing manufacturing pipeline for cell based products;
- Develop quality standards and QC/QA protocols;
- Help develop the strategy for continued cell based predict development.
We are looking for a full time Senior Scientist (40 hours/work week)
- you have a PhD in biology, immunology, pharmaceutical sciences, life science technology or related field;
- you have experience in supervising co-workers and interacting with multidisciplinary teams;
- you have an interest in customer contacts and business development;
- you are experienced in tissue culture;
- you have affinity with novel technologies and are willing to contribute to the development thereof;
- you have affinity with GMP;
- your work is of high quality, precise and safe;
- you have a motivated, flexible and positive work attitude.
Deadline for application
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and coverletter in English to Esther Groenewoud (email@example.com).