Sales Support Specialist Asia Pacific
Starting immediately, MIMETAS is looking for a Sales Support Specialist ASIA Pacific to support the sales of OrganoPlates® and associated products.
MIMETAS is a leader in the rapidly developing organ-on-a-chip field. The company develops 3D tissue models using organ-on-a-chip technology for drug development and markets organ-on-a-chip products. Its unique microfluidic platform enables testing of compounds in high-throughput on miniaturized organ models. These models offer better predictivity as compared to laboratory animal testing and conventional cell culture models. The MIMETAS OrganoPlate® platform supports 3D cell culture under continuous perfusion, membrane-free co-culture and boundary- and gradient formation, thus mimicking important aspects of tissues and organs. The OrganoPlate is designed for use in high throughput screening and is being implemented in automated pipelines by different customers as well as in house. MIMETAS has an open culture, where achievements go hand in hand with a fun place to work. Our close-knit team stays successful by maintaining a good atmosphere while working in a highly competitive field. Mimetas headquarter is in Leiden, The Netherlands and our manufacturing is based in Enschede, The Netherlands. We have subsidiaries in Gaithersburg, MD, USA and Tokyo, Japan.
As a Sales Support Specialist Asia Pacific your priority is to support the sales of the ground-breaking Mimetas products and your tasks will include:
- Support the sales of OrganoPlates and associated products from our Japanse office and on-site (at customers) in the Asia Pacific region.
- Identify new leads, customers, opportunities and generate sales.
- Plan and attend scientific conferences in the Asia Pacific region, to gain Mimetas brand awareness and identify new sales leads.
- Building strong relationships with customers in pharma, biotech and academia.
- Pro-actively follow up with new and existing customers to ensure positive customer experiences and high customer retention.
- Give on-site trainings, demonstrations, presentations and education to our customers.
- Troubleshoot and connect internal expertise to customers if necessary.
- Ensure that customers get the help they need fast and timely, including the use of LifeChat on our website to directly chat with our customers.
- Communicate needs & recurring issues of customers to sales/ marketing/ model development/ R&D.
- Be involved in shaping support (content) for new products.
- Meet quarterly and annual sales targets in accordance with the company sales KPIs and budgets.
- Reporting sales support activities and results both verbally and in writing to the director Mimetas Japan and the director of Sales.
- Active registration of support activities in our CRM database.
Working hours and location
The position will be full time and you will be based in our office in Tokyo, Japan.
- A Master’s degree in molecular biology, biomedical sciences, life sciences or equivalent
- At least 2 years life sciences sales experience, preferably with selling disruptive, new to the world products
- A relevant customer network in pharma & biotech and academia in Japan and Asia Pacific is preferred
- Strong affinity with (3D) cell culture techniques is preferred
- Motivated, flexible and having a positive work attitude
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Japanese. Chinese is preferred.
- Socially skilled, serviceable, communicative and customer friendly
If you’re interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter in English to Mrs. Esther Groenewoud (email@example.com).