Starting immediately, MIMETAS is looking for a Product Manager for its facilities in Leiden, the Netherlands.
MIMETAS is a leader in the rapidly developing organ-on-a-chip field. The company develops 3D tissue models using organ-on-a-chip technology for drug development and markets organ-on-a-chip products. Its unique microfluidic platform enables testing of compounds in any throughput on miniaturized organ models. The MIMETAS OrganoPlate® platform supports 3D cell culture under continuous perfusion, membrane-free co-culture and boundary- and gradient formation, thus mimicking crucial aspects of tissues and organs. The OrganoPlate is perfectly suitable for use in high-throughput screening and is implemented in automated pipelines by customers as well as in-house.
MIMETAS has an open culture, where achievements go hand in hand with a fun place to work. Our close-knit team stays successful by maintaining a good atmosphere while working in a highly competitive field. MIMETAS’ headquarters are based in Leiden, The Netherlands and our manufacturing facility is based in Enschede, The Netherlands. We have subsidiaries in Gaithersburg, MD, USA and Tokyo, Japan.
We are looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about building products that customers love. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to develop and roll out products and research projects according to the company’s vision and strategy. The responsibilities include:
- Work closely with engineering teams to develop prototypes and ideas into products with quick time-to-market and optimal use of resources
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact
- Drive product launches, including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
We are looking for a full-time Product Manager who is available for 40 hours per week.
- you have at least an MSc in biology, immunology, pharmaceutical sciences, life science technology or related field
- you have a motivated, flexible and positive work attitude
- you have proven work experience in product management or as an associate product manager
- you have a proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- you have a proven ability to develop product -and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- you have strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- you are skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- you have excellent written and verbal communication skills
The Product Manager will be reporting directly to the Director of Marketing
Deadline for application:
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and coverletter in English to Esther Groenewoud (firstname.lastname@example.org).