Starting immediately, MIMETAS is looking for a Laboratory Technician for the model development team in Gaithersburg, MD in the United States.
MIMETAS is a leader in the rapidly developing organ-on-a-chip field. The company develops 3D tissue models using organ-on-a-chip technology for drug development and markets organ-on-a-chip products. Its unique microfluidic platform enables testing of compounds in high-throughput on miniaturized organ models. The MIMETAS OrganoPlate® platform supports 3D cell culture under continuous perfusion, membrane-free co-culture and boundary- and gradient formation, thus mimicking important aspects of tissues and organs. The OrganoPlate® is designed for use in high throughput screening, and is being implemented in automated pipelines by different customers as well as in house. MIMETAS has an open culture, where achievements go hand in hand with a fun place to work. Our close-knit team stays successful by maintaining a good atmosphere while working in a highly competitive field. MIMETAS’ headquarters are based in Leiden, The Netherlands and our manufacturing facility is based in Enschede, The Netherlands. We have subsidiaries in Gaithersburg, MD, USA and Tokyo, Japan.
As a Laboratory Technician you will aid in the development of organotypic tissue models in MIMETAS OrganoPlate®. This includes:
- maintaining tissue culture models;
- performing toxicity studies, viability assays, immunoassays and other cell-based assays;
- performing fluorescence and confocal microscopy;
- performing image analysis;
- training of customers on our platform;
- preparation of oral and written reports on a regular basis;
- contributing to general lab duties.
- you have a BS or BA in biology, pharmaceutical sciences, life science technology or related field;
- you are experienced in tissue culture and sterile technique;
- you have affinity with novel technologies and are willing to contribute to the development thereof;
- your work is of high quality, precise and safe;
- you have a motivated, flexible and positive work attitude.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume to Esther Groenewoud (email@example.com).