Laboratory Automation Engineer
Starting immediately, MIMETAS is looking for a Laboratory Automation Engineer for its Cell Based Products Team in Leiden, the Netherlands.
MIMETAS is a leader in the rapidly developing organ-on-a-chip field. The company develops 3D tissue models using organ-on-a-chip technology for drug development and markets organ-on-a-chip products. Its unique microfluidic platform enables testing of compounds in any throughput on miniaturized organ models. The MIMETAS OrganoPlate® platform supports 3D cell culture under continuous perfusion, membrane-free co-culture and boundary- and gradient formation, thus mimicking crucial aspects of tissues and organs. The OrganoPlate® is perfectly suitable for use in high-throughput screening and is implemented in automated pipelines by customers as well as in-house.
MIMETAS has an open culture, where achievements go hand in hand with a fun place to work. Our close-knit team stays successful by maintaining a good atmosphere while working in a highly competitive field. MIMETAS’ headquarters are based in Leiden, The Netherlands and our manufacturing facility is based in Enschede, The Netherlands. We have subsidiaries in Gaithersburg, MD, USA and Tokyo, Japan.
As Laboratory Automation Engineer you will be part of a new team that is developing and marketing cell based products on the OrganoPlate®. You will:
- Set-up automated liquid handling and cell culture processes for development and production of cell based products;
- Collaborate with biologists to achieve the highest quality cell based products;
- Assist with upscaling of biological manufacturing processes;
- Integrate existing liquid handling and imaging solutions;
- Support our customers in implementing the OrganoPlate® in their automated workflow.
We are looking for a full time Lab Automation Engineer (40 hours/work week)
- You have a BSc or MSc degree in an engineering, biology or other life science discipline;
- You have experience with laboratory automation, preferably in a life sciences setting;
- You have experience working with liquid handlers;
- Experience with high content imaging, image analysis or integrated solutions is a pre;
- You have a hands-on mentality combined with a thorough understanding of physical phenomena and engineering principles;
- You are able to communicate with scientists and engineers of different disciplines (biology, chemistry, engineering);
- You have an affinity with communicating and supporting customers;
- You are motivated, flexible and have a positive work attitude;
- You are proficient in English language.
If you’re interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter in English to Esther Groenewoud via firstname.lastname@example.org