Junior Scientist Model Development
Starting immediately, MIMETAS is looking for a Junior Scientist for its facilities in Leiden, the Netherlands.
MIMETAS is a leader in the rapidly developing organ-on-a-chip field. The company develops 3D tissue models using organ-on-a-chip technology for drug development and markets organ-on-a-chip products. Its unique microfluidic platform enables testing of compounds in any throughput on miniaturized organ models. The MIMETAS OrganoPlate® platform supports 3D cell culture under continuous perfusion, membrane-free co-culture and boundary- and gradient formation, thus mimicking crucial aspects of tissues and organs. The OrganoPlate® is perfectly suitable for use in high-throughput screening and is implemented in automated pipelines by customers as well as in-house.
MIMETAS has an open culture, where achievements go hand in hand with a fun place to work. Our close-knit team stays successful by maintaining a good atmosphere while working in a highly competitive field. MIMETAS’ headquarters are based in Leiden, The Netherlands and our manufacturing facility is based in Enschede, The Netherlands. We have subsidiaries in Gaithersburg, MD, USA and Tokyo, Japan.
As a Junior Scientist you will develop organotypic tissue models in the MIMETAS OrganoPlate®. This includes:
- development and implementing novel tissue culture models (e.g. vasculature);
- performing toxicity studies, viability assays, immunoassays and other cell-based assays;
- performing fluorescence and confocal microscopy;
- performing image analysis;
- preparation of written reports on a regular basis for external and internal stakeholders;
- writing of standard operating procedures;
- contributing to general lab duties.
We are looking for a full-time Junior Scientist who is available for 40 hours per week.
- you have a MSc in biology, immunology, pharmaceutical sciences, life science technology or related field;
- you are highly experienced in tissue culture;
- you have affinity with novel technologies and are willing to contribute to the development thereof;
- you have affinity with GMP
- your work is of high quality, precise and safe;
- you have a motivated, flexible and positive work attitude.
Deadline for application:
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in English to Esther Groenewoud (email@example.com).