Business Developer - Gaithersburg, MD, USA
Starting immediately, MIMETAS is looking for a Business Developer for its facilities in Gaithersburg, MD, USA.
MIMETAS is a leader in the rapidly developing organ-on-a-chip field. The company develops 3D tissue models using organ-on-a-chip technology for drug development and markets organ-on-a-chip products. Its unique microfluidic platform enables testing of compounds in high-throughput on miniaturized organ models. These models offer better predictivity as compared to laboratory animal testing and conventional cell culture models. The MIMETAS OrganoPlate® platform supports 3D cell culture under continuous perfusion, membrane-free co-culture and boundary- and gradient formation, thus mimicking important aspects of tissues and organs. The OrganoPlate is designed for use in high throughput screening, and is being implemented in automated pipelines by different customers as well as in house. MIMETAS has an open culture, where achievements go hand in hand with a fun place to work. Our close-knit team stays successful by maintaining a good atmosphere while working in a highly competitive field.
The Business Developer will aid in promoting MIMETAS’ cutting edge “Organ-on-a-Chip” platform, initiating and managing customer interactions, attending conferences and visiting customer sites. In this position, you will report to senior business development staff.
Your tasks will include:
- Identify new customers, opportunies and perform outreach activities
- Direct customer engagement and management of customer relationships
- Travel to and attend scientific conferences or visit customer locations
- Preparation of service contracts and supply orders for customers
- Assist in maintenance and update of CRM database
- Following quality procedures at all times
The position will be full time.
- PhD or Masters in biomedical science or engineering
- A passion for science
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Flexible team player
- Fluent in English
- Willingness to travel 33% of the time
If you’re interested in this position, please send your cover letter and CV in English to Esther Groenewoud (email@example.com).